2020 US FESTIVAL REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Separate Registration Required for Each Person: All registrations should be made online. A separate registration is required for each person attending. It is possible to add several registrations to the same booking cart by clicking on the “make another booking” button while in your booking cart
A registration will only be accepted when made using the online form, and when all necessary information and minimum deposits have been received. Your registration cannot be transferred to another person.
How to Register: Step by Step instructions can be found on the How to Register page.
The Courses You Will Attend: The 2020 US Festival begins on the evening of June 12 and will end with the final session of retreat before lunchtime on Wednesday June 17 – see Schedule page on website for more info.
Reservation Confirmation & ID: You will receive an email confirming the details of your reservation and payment. Please keep this safe and bring it with you to the Festival. If you are not able to show your confirmation letter, you will be required to show some form of photographic identification (e.g. passport) in order to check-in for the Festival.
Registration Check-in: Check-in Times: Festival Registration will be open from 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm on Friday, June 12 and at various times posted during the Festival.
Please read the following information carefully.
- Festival Fee: If you cancel before Friday, June 12, we will refund all except the non-refundable 25% deposit. If you cancel on or after Friday, June 12, no refunds are given if you cancel all or part of your Festival.
- Onsite Indoor Accommodation: If you have booked onsite indoor accommodation (ie. single, twin/double, shared room, dorm), and cancel your accommodation up to and including June 4, we will retain your 25% deposit. The remaining 75% is required by June 5 and is non-refundable unless we are able to re-sell your room.
- Onsite Camping & Camper Vans: If you cancel before Friday, June 12, we will refund all except the non-refundable 25% deposit. If you cancel on or after Friday, June 12, no refunds are given if you cancel all or part of your camping or camper van accommodation.
- Meals: If you cancel before Friday, June 12 we will refund all except the non-refundable 25% deposit. If you cancel on or after Friday, June 12, no refunds are given.
- Airport Shuttle: Full payment is required to secure your place on the bus; this will automatically be calculated when you make your booking. Due to contractual obligations, this is refundable only up May 27; after this date, the fee paid is non-refundable. If there is insufficient demand for a bus at a particular time, we will notify you in writing; in this case, the fee paid will either be credited against your remaining Festival balance, or if you have a zero balance, we will refund you in full.
- Any non-refunded fees arising from cancellations are donated to the NKT-IKBU International Temples Project.
- Exceptions may be made in special circumstances such as sickness or bereavement; you should apply by e-mail to the Festival Treasurer [email protected] within 2 weeks of the end of the Festival. This applies to Festival Fee and onsite accommodation.
Festival Meals: Information regarding meals can be found on the Food & Drink page.
Accommodations: Basic information about accommodations can be found on the Accommodations page.
Early Arrivals and Late Stays: Pre-Festival stays are available June 10 & 11 only. Post-Festival stays are available for the night of June 17. These can be booked online when you register (dormitory, shared and camping accommodation only available for early arrivals). Other than these days, stays must be booked directly with KMC NY by emailing [email protected] and are charged at the usual KMC NY accommodation rates www.kadampanewyork.org
Transportation: Information about the airport shuttle and parking permits is provided on the Transportation & Parking page.
Parking Pass: To cover the cost of parking shuttles, there is a small daily charge for car parking. If you have a valid handicap permit, please tick the box during registration for parking closer to the Temple. You must show your parking pass on entrance to the parking area, and it must be clearly displayed at all times.
Special Needs and Accessibility: There are wheelchair-accessible toilets and shower facilities at KMC NY. Entry to the Temple and some accommodation is ramped, but KMC New York is a rustic property, and we regret that some roads, paths and areas are inaccessible to wheelchair users and others. If you are hearing or sight impaired, have difficulty with mobility or any other special needs, please inform us in advance at [email protected], and we will try to help as much as possible. We regret that none of the shuttles or airport buses are wheelchair accessible. Please contact the Festival to request an onsite handicapped parking pass if needed.
Children (15 and under) are welcome to attend the Festival; however, some special conditions apply. Please see the Children & Young Adults page for more information. In particular, please note that two responsible adult carers must be nominated for all children’s bookings, and bookings can only be confirmed on receipt of the required photographs of the two adult carers. Due to the public nature of the Festival, children’s safety and welfare is the responsibility of their nominated responsible adult carers at all times. Children must be supervised at all times by one of these carers.
Young Adults (16 & 17 year olds) must be accompanied by an adult 18 or over. The name of the accompanying adult is required when registering.