The Art of Enlightenment
The Festival will be followed by an Art Workshop with master NKT artist Kadam Chris Heyes, Resident Teacher at Nagarjuna Kadampa Buddhist Centre, Leicester, UK.
Learn how to draw and paint an authentic image of Buddha’s face. This course is for beginners who wish to learn the sacred art of tangkha painting and for those who wish to advance their skills.
Fee: $95 plus accommodation
Participants will need to bring with them the following supplies:
• Pencils (HB, 2H)
• Small pencil sharpener
• Blue kneaded erasers
• 8 ½ x 11 tracing paper pad
• 8 ½ x 11 white cardstock (not thick)
• A small drawing board
• Masking tape
• Acrylic gouache paints: white, red, yellow, blue and black
• Assorted small paint brushes (including a fine sable brush – size 0 or 1)
• (Waterbowls, rags, etc will be provided)
For more details and to register contact KMC New York: